Awards and Honors
National Endowment for the Arts names Eve Queler 2010 Opera Honoree.
This award for Lifetime Achievement in Opera is considered the nation's highest honor in opera and salutes our nation's cultural treasures. The awards are granted to outstanding legends of our time in recognition of their roles as visionaries and luminaries, their extraordinary contribution to the development and performance of opera in the United States, and their lasting impact on our national cultural landscape.
Specifically, Maestro Queler is being honored for her focus on rarely performed operas and for her dedication to emerging singers, which she has brought to her work as music director of Opera Orchestra of New York.
Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
Eve Queler received one of the highest awards presented by the French government when she was named a Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres by the French Minister of Culture for her commitment to French operas.
Other awards and honors
- Maestro Queler received the prestigious Touchstone Award from Women In Music, Inc., in recognition of her visionary spirit as one of the “Women Who Make a Difference.”
- Yale School of Music, Sanford Award
- Chevalier de L’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
- Special Citation from the Metropolitan Chapter of the Victorian Society in America for 35 Years of Concert Performances of Neglected 19th Century Operas
- Verdi America Award from the American Institute of Verdi Studies at New York University
- Metropolitan Opera Club
- Honorary Doctorate Russell Sage College
- Honorary Doctorate at Colby College
- The National Arts Club
- Women in Music
- The National Opera Association
- Woman of Achievement Award Washington Square Business and Professional Woman’s Club
- Musician of the Month, Musical America Magazine
- The Licia Albanese-Puccini Foundation’s “Eagle” as well as “Butterfly” award in 1995
- The Richard Tucker Music Foundation Award in 1975
- The Dewer’s Profile in 1974